Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peppolino Restaurant

Wanting some Italian food, we found this smallish restaurant in Tribeca and decided to give it a go. 


We were seated immediately without a reservation but it was still early and we were jetlagged from the flight.  


I must say that the ambiance here is nice, but I was here for the food.  I could care less about ambiance so long as the food is good and the service is efficient.  


They gave us some bread and what tasted like tomato and garlic confit.  A pleasant start to the meal.


Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered braised rabbit with tomato and garlic.  A solid dish but nothing to brag about and not a dish that I must come back and order.

Photobucket

Following was 
spaghetti with garlic and shrimp.  Another solid dish, again nothing to write home about.



Photobucket

Lastly we have a fettuccine with cannelloni beans, shrimp and cherry tomato.  Guess what?  Nothing excited nor flavorful, but a solid dish.  There is a trend with the dishes here and I don't think it gets any better.  Safe, solid dishes cooked perfectly but lacks that punch in the mouth flavor.  


Sorry Peppolino, I won't be coming back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment