Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marc Burger and La Brea Bakery @ South Coast Plaza

After two visits to the Macy's Culinary Council at South Coast Plaza, I have eaten at all three places: Marc Burger, La Brea Bakery and Cat Cora BBQ.  Needless to say, Marc Burger stands out among the three.  I really enjoy Marc Burger so I decided to make a post about them.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

This place is all about Burgers, ranging from Turkey to Buffalo to Kobe Beef.   

I usually get water since I do not drink soda but I had to try the Blueberry Lemonade.

Photobucket

Very Refreshing and worth it. You can tell that this is not from a syrup and that they make this in house.


I am a sucker for anything with the words Kobe Beef, so naturally I opted for the Mini Kobe Burger.

Photobucket

This is probably my favorite burger there.   The meat is so much tastier than any other on the menu.  The truffle aioli further enhanced the flavor of the burger, but the truffle did not come through very strongly.  Another plus is that you can order your burger medium rare which in my opinion is the best way to maximize your opportunity to savor the natural flavor of the meat itself.  Only downside to this is the size is that of a slider.  I was told that the meat itself is only three ounces.  The fries that come with the burger at pretty tasty as well.


Next is the BBQ Cheeseburger w/ Applewood Bacon.

Photobucket

You simply cannot go wrong with applewood smoked bacon in a burger.  Now the regular burger at Marc Burger is very well seasoned with a hint of pepper that really enhances the natural flavor of the meat.  Along with the housemade BBQ sauce, this was another winner.  


Now we move to Nancy Silverton's La Brea Bakery satellite locations.


Here is the 1/2 salad and 1/2 sandwich meal.  The sandwich of choice was the BLT w/ Applewood Bacon.

Photobucket

I guess it is pretty hard to screw up a BLT, but it has been done before.  Needless to say, this was a good BLT.  Nothing really special about it except that the choice of applewood smoked bacon is probably the best type of bacon in terms of flavor.  The salad was just a regular salad mix consisting of some of the usual suspects, frisee, arugula, baby spinach and some other leaf variety.  


 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment