Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daniel Boulud Brasserie

I have really been anticipating going here. I have heard nothing but great things from this guy so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I mean his restaurant in NY, Daniel, is one of the most prestigious restaurants in NY, and that is saying a lot.

Let's get into food and skip all of the non-sense.

We started off with some appetizers, first is the PATE DE CAMPAGNE FORESTIERE.

Photobucket

Now I have had pate, and then I have had Daniel Boulud Pate. These are two different things we are talking about. I have never had a pate like this before. It was very good and probably the better of the two appetizers.


Next appetizer is the COLD LOBSTER SUMMER SALAD.

Photobucket

This was a cold appetizer that was mean't to be served in the summer when it is blazing hot in Vegas. Very simple flavors along with fresh fruit and a very light Panna Cotta like cheese. Good but not great.

I decided to go for the ORIGINAL NY DB BURGER.

Photobucket

Money Shot
Photobucket

My god this burger was huge. This massive burger is 9 oz of sirloin stuffed with braised short ribs, foie gras, and black truffle. It sits on a homemade parmesan bun and served with homemade frites. This was probably the richest burger in the world, but damn good I might add. I love foie gras, and black truffle, and short ribs, and burgers so it was a winner from the start. Frites were okay, but I have had better. The burger. FUCKIN BLISS.


Next is the SKATE GRENOBlOISE.

Photobucket

This was excellent. Skate is not my favorite, but this I could eat on the regular.

Lastly was the dessert. CLAFOUTIS AUX APRICOT.

Photobucket

This dessert was just okay. I am a really picky dessert guy I can tell you right now that if there is no textural contrast, then it cannot be a great dessert. This only lacked that. But I guess you can have everything, right?

Verdict: Daniel Boulud Brasserie is FUCKIN DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment