Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flip at Bloomingdale's

Again, with burgers on my mind I tried to seek out a great burger here in New York.

While I was shopping, I came across this modern burger joint in Bloomingdale's called Flip.  I remembered reading somewhere that it was pretty good, and some regard it as a top burger in New York.  So I said screw it, and went for it.



Photobucket

Now having eaten some great burgers  such as Umami burger, Father's Office, Daniel Boulud and others, I came in with high standards, especially since the prices at this place top both of the aforementioned.

I ended up getting the Benedict Burger. (American Wagyu w/ Canadian Bacon, Ultra-Melted American cheese sauce and a Fried Egg) $23


The first thing that popped in my mind after the first bite was that the meat was hard.  I don't know how you make kobe beef hard, but if was, like they over mixed it and then mixed it some more.  I can't believe I paid this much for such crap meat.  Everything else was mediocre, including the fries.  The brioche bun was probably the best part of the meal.


I don't get it, this place spends all of this money of the decor and then shell out burger was tasteless and hard beef.


Never again.  Especially for that price.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment