Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Square One Dining

Square One Dining is located right by the huge Scientology Church in Hollywood.  The place is only open for breakfast and lunch and gets very crowded, especially on the weekends.  The parking was okay since this was a Monday, but can get annoying when busy.

Sorry, pic was taken with my shitty phone camera.
Photobucket

The restaurant has a modern feel, but also a very eco-friendly type place.  

Here is a look at the breakfast menu.

Photobucket

Started out just a regular coffee.


Very good coffee, very strong flavor and served piping hot, just the way I like it.  Also a very clean, low acid taste.  I would come here just for the coffee, I thought to myself.

Photobucket

As for the meal, I got the Brioche French Toast w/ Brown Butter and Hazelnut, Bananas, Vanilla Cream.

Photobucket

This was amazing, the best french toast ever.  I am not the type of person that orders french toast, but bananas and hazelnut and I was all over it.  The hazelnut went very well with the bananas and the vanilla cream was a perfect accompaniment to the dish.  The best part was that it was the perfect blend of sweetness and richness that made the perfect balance in flavors.  WOW, this is a true winner.

Another dish that we had was the Pressed Egg Sandwich w/ Roasted Garlic/Thyme Potatoes.

Photobucket

This was a great interpretation of an egg sandwich, but I felt that it was nothing really special.  The ingredients were fresh and well prepared, but it was just an egg sandwich.  The taste was good, but I felt that the french toast just blew me away.  The roasted potatoes were okay as well, cooked well and had a hint of garlic and thyme.  

I would come back just for the french toast and coffee alone, and maybe try a few more things.  Another menu item that intrigued me was the baked egg dish with chorizo and tortilla chips.  Definitely will return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment