Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Marche Moderne

After doing a little shopping at South Coast Plaza, I decided to get some lunch. At what better place to go to than the hyped Marche Moderne.

Although this is not dinner, it gives me a feel for what is to come.

They did have a Prix Fixed menu but the courses just didn't seem appetizing for me. When I visit a place, I tend to get what appeals to me instead of something set in stone.

Enough of the bullshit, lets get with the food.

I finally decided to get the Truffled Risotto with Canadian Scallops w/ green asparagus and truffle emulsion.

Photobucket

This was a very nicely done dish. The scallops were fresh and cooked perfectly and the truffled risotto has to be among one of the best risottos I have ever had.

Also choose to try the Moules Frites since I love pomme frites and try to find a better broth. It's all about the brothe.

Sorry I don't have pics of the Moules Frites. The Frites were excellent, I know for a fact that they double fry their frites. These could easily contend with the likes of Bouchon or Les Halles frites.

Overall the service was a bit of a disappointment. Only one refill on my beverage and half the time the server was non-existent. For such a high quality output of food and moderate to high prices, this place should have excellent service. One last thing which kinda annoyed the living crap out of me is the fact that the tables are so close to each other that you are practicaly talking to person next to you.

Thanks and Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment